Student Visa London

Student Visa London- is a the place where you will find out the facts to help you with the visa process to study in London.

If your a student from the European Economic Area or from Switzerland you are free to study in the UK without a visa. This also applies to people from British oversea territories (excluding sovereign base area in Cyprus).

If your looking at our Student Visa London page you’ll also be interested in our guide to studying Abroad in London.

If your coming to a university in London for up to 6 months you can apply for a Student Visa. However, note that this visa does not allow you to work and if you wish to extend this visa to a Tier 4 student you’ll have to return home to your country of origin first. This visa is suited to those students coming to London for a short study period.

If you are intending to study on a course over 6 months then you need to apply for a Tier 4 (General) visa which is a points based visa. You need 40 points which is based on sponsorship from a Highly Trusted Sponsor (i.e. the university) and evidence that you can afford the tuition fees and cost of living.

If your coming for an interview in a UK university then you can apply for a Prospective Student visa which would allow you into the country for your interview. You can then apply for a Student Visa or Tier 4 visa whilst in the county.

We hope you’ve found our Student Visa London page helpful. For the official information on UK visas please see the UK Boards Agency website. Please post you experience with the visa system if you think it will help other students with their application.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *