Study English in London

Where better to study English but in the Capital of England, London? We have the low down on the all the major universities in London and we will help you find the best course to study English in London.

English Courses Available in London

English being a popular subject means that most universities will provide English courses and degrees. There are also many community based education providers that provide evening courses in English which is ideal for people who want to learn English as a second language. See our guide on language schools in London for more information. Universities also offer overseas students English classes as part of or to supplement their degree. Fully time courses are typically over 3 years.

The Best English Course

According to the Times Good University Guide in 2011 the following universities have the best English course in London:

  1. University College London
  2. Queen Mary, London
  3. Royal Holloway
  4. King’s College London

Both UCL and Queen Mary were rated as having an English course in the top 10 universities in the UK.

UCL required that applicants have 3 A-Level results including one in English literature (correct on 2/5/2012). Queen Mary require students to have 360 UCAS points from three A2 Levels, they also require an A in English literature.

Useful Resources

If you are considering studying in London see our guides to student accommodation in London and download our free University Survival Guide. Also Let us know where you would study English in London, post your comments below.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *